Maintenance Steward, Burford
12-month fixed-term contract, full time
£21,230 - £24,686 per annum
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
We have a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for animals to join our close-knit team as a Maintenance Steward.
The Maintenance Steward is responsible for providing maintenance and compliance support to our offices & the rehoming centre ensuring animal welfare facilities, offices and vehicles are maintained and safe for use.
Not the average Maintenance role!
As part of a team, you will be helping all the animals from rabbits to horses on the Burford site giving them a safe place to be and supporting the head office team with our national network of rehoming & hospital sites.
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day, then this could be for you. Interested? Then apply and let’s work together to see if this is the role for you.
What makes the Blue Cross a great place to work?
Working at our Burford site, you will be part of a rewarding and supportive team who thrive together on the challenges involved, no two days are the same!
As part of the team, you will enjoy the benefits of an established charity offering
• 30 days holiday per year (including public holidays) and after 1 year’s service increase by 1 day per year of service up to 35 days.
• Pension scheme
• Performance-related pay
• Access to Work perks with physio support, mental health support and discounts with certain companies.
Blue Cross is committed to individual development and offers not only in-house training programs but also accredited courses which will enhance your knowledge, broaden your understanding of all aspects of working for the charity and future proofing your career opportunities.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Full manual driving licence
• Previous gardening or grounds maintenance experience
• Experience in handyman/general maintenance work
• Basic vehicle maintenance
• Demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in using grass mowers and maintaining grounds equipment
• Basic computer and administration skills
• Demonstrate safe handling and lifting methods
It would also be great if you had:
• Managing/monitoring Health and Safety aspects of the workplace
• Experience in animal care
• Some working knowledge of managing and maintaining land facilities
• LANTRA Qualification for operating gardening equipment
• Experience in supervising volunteers
• Experience in towing trailers or larger vehicles
• Experience in driving tractor and loader (ideally holding current competency certificate)
• Standard compliance testing experience
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Please note that we will be considering applications for interviews as and when we receive them. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
At Blue Cross we are passionate about our commitment to diversity, inclusion and removing barriers, should you like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or changes to our recruitment process to support you to be your best then please get in touch. You can get in touch with us either via email at email@example.com, via telephone on 01993 825515 or if you would prefer a video call then we can arrange this using Microsoft Teams.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.