Due to internal promotion, we now have a vacancy for a full-time Estates Assistant to join our team!
Salary: Up to £23,815 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, one in three weekends (no early starts or late finishes)
Closing Date: 5 December 2023
Interview Date: 11 & 12 December 2023
Bransby Horses is a large, progressive equine rescue and welfare charity in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside. Founded in 1968, Mr Peter Hunt’s legacy lives on through the shared vision of our teams; a world where every horse has a life worth living. By joining us, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and see first-hand, the positive impact we have on the lives of horses, ponies, donkeys and mules.
The Estates department at Bransby Horses is responsible for providing healthy, sustainable grassland and a suitable living environment for upwards of 300 horses. The Estates team at our Bransby site provide high-quality care of land covering 600 acres, which includes but is not limited to; herbicide use, fertiliser application and nutrient management, grass drilling, manure management, tree health and infrastructure management such as fencing replacement and trackway maintenance.
The Estates Assistant will carry out daily tasks contributing to the high-quality care of all equines through the provision and timely delivery of grassland care, grounds maintenance, fence and hedgerow care and general land management. They will also contribute towards the continual development and improvement of the land and its environmental management.
The ideal candidate will;
• Have previous agriculture experience including driving tractors and routine grounds maintenance
• Experience using agriculture equipment and machinery
• Good knowledge of grassland husbandry
• Qualifications in machinery and tractor maintenance/ repair would be desirable
• Be physically fit and able to carry out regular bending and lifting
Apply now via our website.
Working in the third sector is incredibly rewarding and on top of that we offer an attractive benefits package to include:
• 30 days holiday, rising to 35 days with service
• An extra day off for your Birthday
• Employer Funded Health Cash Plan
• Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced pension and sick pay scheme
• Employee discount and free uniform
• Buying leave and other salary sacrifice schemes
• Inclusive and caring culture and community
• Ongoing training and support for career development
Bransby Horses welcomes diversity into its workforce and provides an inclusive recruitment process that strongly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All applicants will receive an outcome within reasonable timescales and we reserve the right to close the advert early if sufficient interest is received. We do not have a sponsor license for hiring outside of the UK.