EQUICULTURE Talk with Stuart and Jane Myers MSc (Equine) (international speakers on the subject of Sustainable Horse Keeping).
The Talk: This talk is for all levels of horse owners. Including owners that keep their horse/s on their own land and at livery. It is about how you can make small or large changes in horse management that both improve your horse’s ‘lifestyle’ and in turn, your lifestyle. A true win-win situation.
These are Just Some of the things you will learn about:
• The differences between the free-living (wild/feral) equine ‘lifestyle’ and the domestic equine ‘lifestyle’.
• Domestic grazing behaviour and how it affects equine management.
• The essential things that you need to know about pasture and grasses.
• All about Mud Management.
• How to become a desirable land manager/custodian (and therefore be more likely to be considered for leasing land or improve your chances of getting any potential development plans passed).
• Essential information about equines and obesity.
• How you can make changes to your horse management regime that will improve welfare, reduce costs, reduce your workload AND be good for THE Environment all at the same time.
• All about The Equicentral System (a horse welfare/good environmental management horse and land care system that is a win-win all round).
• And lots more…
As well as our usual talk there is a talk by Rina Quinlan - Wildlife Guide - about the Knepp Castle Wildland project and about using ponies for conservation grazing. There is also a walk and talk of the property to see the Exmoor Ponies with Rina (hopefully - this is dependant on finding them) at Knepp Castle.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Light refreshments provided (tea/coffee/biscuits/cakes etc.), but please bring a packed lunch and any other food that you need for the day.
Walking attire/suitable clothing for the walk and talk that follows the main talk (from approximately 3pm).
You may want to bring a notepad and pen.
Our books are available for sale on the day, so if you prefer to just listen you might prefer to buy a book instead (but you certainly will not be pressured into buying books). Check out this page www.equiculture.net/the-equicentral-system-books if you are thinking of buying so that you get an idea of how much money to bring. We do take credit cards/PayPal on the day but it is dependent on us having a good signal at the venue. PLEASE NOTE, last time we were at this venue the signal was not good.
TIMES: Starts 9.30am prompt (registration from 9.00am). After the talk, there is a walk and talk to (hopefully) see the Exmoor Ponies at Knepp that are part of the Knepp Castle rewilding project. Make sure you have walking attire for this. We aim to finish at 4.30pm but it may not be exact. It could be a little later.
WHERE? The Granary, Knepp Safaris, Dial Post, Near Horsham RH13 8NN - https://www.kneppsafaris.co.uk/Information/Location-Map
INVESTMENT: £60.00 per person. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you need it. Tickets from https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BCMD
FURTHER INFO: For more information about us and what we do have a look at our website www.equiculture.net